This piece will not only give insights on easy work out routines but will also share some great tips to help you stay on track.
The Best Exercises to Lose 20 Pounds in Two Months
- 1 The Best Exercises to Lose 20 Pounds in Two Months
This is one of the most effective cardio exercises. Running involves the entire body, ensuring you shed off those extra pounds and gain agility.
Running is also a good exercise if you are looking to increase your athletic ability.
A 17-minute run can help you lose up to 150 calories, and the good thing is you increase your speed each day.
Just like jogging or running skipping is also another effective cardio exercise.
Skipping for an hour will help you lose about 1600 calories. In addition to the effectiveness of this exercise, it is easy and can be done at home.
Cycling is not only fun but easy on your joints, unlike running or walking, which puts pressure on your legs — making cycling a suitable exercise if you are looking to lose weight but have severe pain with your legs.
Swimming: How to Lose 20 Pounds in Two Months
Swimming works the entire body without causing strain on the muscles. To shed off those extra pounds, go swimming for several days a week.
In addition to losing weight, swimming makes you leaner, tightening muscles and also increases the body’s stamina.
For the best results, try out the various swimming techniques. They include the backstroke, the butterfly, sidestroke, and breaststroke.
Crunches will help you work the abdominal muscles, helping you achieve your desired look.
Planks are easy and can be done in the comfort of your house. There are several variations of planks: a standard plank, side plank, forearm plank, and knee plank.
Other works out to help you lose 20 pounds in two months include; push-ups, squats, mountain climbers, etc.
Tips to Follow During a Workout Session.
Invest in comfortable workout clothes, a good work out mat and always stay hydrated during exercise.
Diet to Help You Lose 20 Pounds in Two Months
- The ketogenic diet.
A keto diet is low in carbs and high in fats. One of the main contributing factors to weight gain is a high amount of carbs. This diet ensures you have the energy to keep you active throughout the day.
- Vegan diet.
A vegetarian diet as the name suggests is made up of fresh vegetables. Though several vegan options allow animal products, a vegan diet provides the body with the required nutrients ensuring you stay healthy.
- Protein-based diet.
A protein-based diet is made up of proteins. Proteins help to keep you full, reducing cravings, in turn, preventing overeating.
- Detox juices.
Detox juices are an easy and first way to lose weight, however, before opting for this diet. Consult a doctor and be consistent with the routine.
To avoid harm to your health, you can start with a three days exclusive detox drinks diet. Give your body time to adjust to new eating patterns.
This is another effective method to help you lose 20 pounds in just two months, intermittent fasting works best if you skip maybe one or two meals in a day. Ensure you have a meal filled with nutrients to take you throughout the day. For instance, you can eat breakfast and skip lunch.
In addition to exercise, what you consume also plays a big part in influencing weight, but as you follow a diet, remember to balance those meals.
Great Tips to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month.
1. Consistency, exercise regularly. Each day improves on the workout routine. For the first few weeks, ensure you work out daily.
2. Patience, each body type is different, so be patient. Always listen to your body for some, losing weight is first and will take a few weeks, but for some, it may take more time.
3. Balance your diet, to remain healthy during your weight loss journey eat a balanced meal. A pro tip, you keep a food diary.
4. Know your caloric need; high amounts of unused calories contribute largely to weight gain. To prevent this from happening, it is essential to watch your caloric intake.
5. Avoid processed foods; processed food contains high amounts of sugar, salt, and oil. Instead, opt for fresh foods from the farmer’s local market.
6. Find internal motivation, have a goal, and continuously remind yourself why you started this journey.
An excellent way to help you stay on track, have an accountability partner, join a gym, or work out with a friend or a partner.
Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle:
Besides losing weight, embracing a healthy lifestyle has several other benefits they include;
- Increase athletic performance, exercise such as running or swimming increase one’s stamina, in turn, increasing one’s athletic ability
- Boosts one’s immune system, by strengthening your joints and bones.
- Boosts your mood, in turn, reducing the risk of depression, exercise boosts sleep which helps to reduce stress.
- Also, the supply of blood to the brain ensures proper brain development, in turn, promoting the production of hormones that balance one’s mood.
- Increase energy levels.
- Improves the appearance of the skin, exercise promotes rest and sleep, which play a big part in the skin appearance.
- A good night’s sleep not only shows in your productivity but your skin appearance as well.
- Boosts your memory, exercising regularly enhances blood supply, consequently promoting proper brain development.
- So the next time you feel discouraged to work out remember how much good it will do to your memory.
Losing 20 pounds in 2 months is easy and attainable, with the above steps you can now achieve that dream body and the best thing about the tips is you stay healthy during the process.
Remember, work to balance those meals, stay hydrated, and be patient.