How to make lemon water for weight loss? Lemon has numerous health benefits, and may even help to shed extra pounds.
However, lemon water is not the solution to all your weight needs but to assist in the journey.
This article will give you insights on some of the health benefits of lemon water and how to make lemon drinks.
Related – Detox Juice Recipes for Weight Loss
How to Make Lemon Water for Weight Loss-Lemon Drinks?
Some of the lemon drinks you can add to your menu include;
- Lemon tea, this is a delicious beverage and can be taken at any time of the day. Lemon tea is, and the best thing is the ease in preparation. To make lemon tea, you will need water, tea leaves, lemon, sugar and ice cubes.
Prepare tea and add the lemon juice into the drink, for the cooling effect add several pieces of ice cubes.
This is a perfect drink during the summer or after a long, busy day.
- Turmeric, cinnamon and mint-lemon drink, this drink is filled with various nutrients ensuring you are not only hydrated, but your body gets a proper supply of needed nutrients to keep you healthy.
To make this drink, you will need, turmeric, mint, cinnamon, honey, piece of ginger root and lemon juice, squeezed from the natural lemon.
Mix the ingredients and add some water; this drink is fast and easy to make.
You can also store some of the water in the fridge for the evening.
Lemon Water Benefits
Aids in weight loss, lemon has antioxidants which aid in weight loss.
Improves skin appearance, lemons contain vitamin C, which has been found to prevent premature aging and wrinkling.
Besides vitamin C, lemon water helps to keep the skin hydrated, lack of water in the body means dry skin.
- Aids in weight loss
- Improves skin appearance
- Improves digestion,
- Lemon get rids of bad odor
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones
- Lemon enhances the water taste
Improves digestion, lemon water has for many years been used to ease digestion problems.
Drinking a glass of lemon water in the morning will help get rid of toxins in the body and keeping your gut system functional.
Lemon get rids of bad odor, no one wants to have bad breath and though using toothpaste will help get rid of any foul smell.
Why not consider a natural method, drinking lemon water stimulates the production of saliva, in turn, preventing bad odor.
Reduces the risk of kidney stones, lemon contains citrate, which reduces urine acidity.
Also drinking a glass of lemon water every day helps to flush out toxins which may lead to issues such as kidney stones.
Lemon enhances water taste, ensuring you stay hydrated; some people do not like the plain taste of water and this leads to high consumption of processed drinks, which contain few nutritional benefits.
Adding lemon to your water changes the taste of the water and may encourage one to drink more water compared to drinking plain water.
We sometimes mistake thirst for hunger and end up consuming more calories leading to weight gain.
So do not be afraid to drink that lemon water it will not only help you in maintaining your current weight but will also keep you healthy and hydrated throughout the day.
Though there is no scientific proof that lemon water helps in losing weight, it is crucial to stay hydrated and adding a lemon slice to your water is an excellent way to get started.
Also drinking water prevents one from overeating as well as eating in the wrong hours.
- Lemon water relief’s heartburn issues, if you are experiencing heartburn from too much acid in your system, then this technique may not work for you.
- However, if you are experiencing low acid levels and experience discomfort, then a glass of lemon water offers a quick natural remedy.
Other Uses of Lemon
Besides being used to help in weight loss, lemons are an essential accessory in any household. Below are some of the common uses of lemons.
- Kills germs on fruits and vegetables; the citric nature of the lemon helps to kill bacteria from raw foods.
- The next time you are washing your fruits, apply some lemon juice then rinse the fruit or vegetable.
- Helps to retain the natural color of avocados, apple, and cauliflower. When left in the air fruits and vegetables such as avocados change their color to a brownish coat,
- to prevent your food from changing from the original color, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice.
- The lemon juice will keep your foods looking good and even tasting better.
- Helps to get rid of insects in the kitchen, having insects in your house and more so in the kitchen can affect your appetite.
- To prevent insects from lying on those kitchen tables, mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with vinegar and wipe kitchen surfaces thoroughly.
This mixture will not only get rid of the unwanted insets but disinfect your house, ensuring your food is clean.
- Use lemon water to clean and unblock the sink, mix the lemon juice with a tablespoon of sodium bicarbonate,
- add the mixture to your sink and let it stay for several minutes, then wipe off the mixture with a sponge.
- This mixture kills germs reducing any bad smell and also helps to unblock the sink.
You Can Also Use This Technique to Clean the Toilet
Did you know that the smell of fresh lemons can boost your mood, research shows that drinking lemon water or eating a raw lemon can help to boost your mood, in turn, reducing stress level.
So the next time you feel stressed slice that lemon and enjoy a glass of lemon water.
Lemon water and lemon drinks are best during summers as they provide that refreshing feel to your entire body.
Though helpful in maintaining a healthy weight, it is vital to ensure you balance your lifestyle by eating well and exercising for the best results.
Also, for lemon water to be effective, it is essential to be patient, allowing your body to enjoy all the benefits.
And the good thing about lemons is the versatility, try out new lemon drink combinations.